Good for You Ketchup
Tomatoes are a naturally sweet summer treat, so let's make the most of them. 😋
We love a nice side of ketchup with a good veggie burger, but the added sugar in most store-bought brands is not doing us any favors. In fact, that refined sugar will negate any health benefits that we could otherwise be reaping from those precious tomatoes! So here's our take on ketchup - we think you'll love it.
Good for you Ketchup
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp water
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- dash of cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- Soak raisins for 10-15 minutes in 1/2 cup water.
- Combine raisins, soaking liquid, tomato sauce, garlic, water, paprika, cinnamon, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil. Add the tomato mixture and lower the heat. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until thickened.
- Add vegan Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Simmer for another 5 minutes and adjust seasoning to taste.
Looking for more answers to your food and weight loss questions? The plantable 28-day Reboot program comes with up to 3 months of free, unlimited access to our certified health coaches. Find out more about how the 28-Day Reboot and our coaches can support you in reaching your weight loss goals