Tofu Buddha Bowl
Aviva Gibbs April 21, 2023
Makes 2 Servings
A Buddha Bowl is a great way to incorporate colorful, healthy veggies into your diet. And boy-o-boy, isn't it so pretty? It's easy to make and will loaded with plant-based protein. It's the combination of fresh veggies, grains, tofu, and a yummy tahini-based sauce that will have our Tofu Buddha Bowl become your weekly go-to staple. Give it a go!👇
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 block of extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup spinach or mixed salad leaves
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced or diced
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos, tamari or soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Toss cubed tofu with olive oil and salt and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook brown rice or quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a separate bowl, combine tahini, dijon mustard, garlic powder, coconut aminos, and apple cider vinegar for the sauce, adding water to thin to reach desired consistency.
To make the bowl, add 1/2 cup brown rice or quinoa, 1/2 cup spinach or mixed greens, ½ cup roasted tofu, 5 halved cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup cucumbers, 1/4 avocado, and 1/2 cup carrots.
- No need to section it off to make it look pretty, but you can if you want to. Drizzle with Tahini Sauce and enjoy!!!